Continuing Professional Development
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities at GANF are threaded together in a logical way to create programmes which have an explicit focus on improving outcomes for pupils.
Our CPD objectives adhere to the DfE Standard for Teachers Professional Development. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/537031/160712_-_PD_Expert_Group_Guidance.pdf
The Standard describes 5 key headline ideas.
- Professional development should have a focus on improving and evaluating pupil outcomes.
- Professional development should be underpinned by robust evidence and expertise.
- Professional development should include collaboration and expert challenge.
- Professional development programmes should be sustained over time.
And all this is underpinned by, and requires that:
- Professional development must be prioritised by school leadership.
At GANF we use coaching as a vehicle to transfer training into practice and make the most impact on pupils’ progress and the educational system as a whole.
Please note that GANF Coaching Handbook is available upon request.